Unsane

5.24.2010


Recently when I was visiting some friends in Toronto I went record shopping with one of them and he mentioned he was on the hunt for Unsane records. He seemed amazed I hadn't listened to them and strongly urged me to. When I got home they were one of the first bands off of my list I decided to check out and I was extremely pleased to find out that his suggestion was right. They really were something right down my alley that I'd love. Since then I've been playing the "Scattered, Smothered, Covered & Live" album at least once everyday at work just to get me through the day. It has this form of dark energy that just keeps me going.
Built on rolling bass lines with short choppy guitar that sometimes builds into epic guitar solos with powerful staticy vocals this group really rips.
I do not like playing genre tag games but I would put these guys into grungey hardcore. They play a mix of hardcore, rock, garage & grunge. Depending what you want to look into. No matter what they make you want to rock out and have the force to make you do it.
I still have not listened to the entire discography but from what I have touched base on so far 1995's "Scattered, Smothered, Covered & Live" is both the most energetic and entertaining of the albums. It's got an extremely dirty feel alternating between some slow sludgey slow tracks right while also having some quick ripping skateboard tracks that will just make you wanna thrash.

Highlights of the album: Scrape, Alleged & No Loss. Though the entire thing chugs along and fits together amazingly well.

Get into it!

Listen
Download

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input