1.6 Band

9.27.2010



Here is a delightfully weird band called 1.6 Band. This download includes two albums one titled "pimpin' ain't easy" and one titled "The Checkered Past Of All Kings Present." These two albums hold two very different feels and almost seem like different bands but there is a decade between them so they are basically different bands.

1.6 Band formed back in 1991 and split up in 1993 but reformed in the 2000's (2006, I believe.) The one thing that stays the same between this reunion and the original band is the extremely weird composition of the band. They have odd and often nonsensical lyrics.
If you are a fan of A Day In Black In White (link goes to gonnagetsued's post on the band) you will likely enjoy the first album "Pimpin' Ain't Easy." Simple rhythms with shouts and a lot of repetition make up most of these songs. This album would make Steve Albini proud I'm sure.

The later album "The Checkered Past Of All Kings Present" enters even stranger territory with high pitched playful guitar lines, and pitchier shouted vocals. (Is "pitchier" even a word? I didn't want to call them whiny. Did I just call them whiny? I think I did.) Something about this album feels more Freedom summer to me matched with Fugazi styled rants. This album I could see fitting in well on the Dischord catalog extremely well.
Some of the guitar portions make me want to watch detective tv shows with long chase scenes shot in slow motion. If that does not make you want to listen to this, what will?

Myspace
Download

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input