Sunshine Blind

9.18.2010


Time for another Goth edition. Sunshine Blind started in the 90's and put out three albums. I have not heard the third but out of "Liquid" and "Love the Sky to Death" Liquid is certainly my favorite so far.

If you enjoyed my earlier post A Place To Bury Strangers you will likely also dig Sunshine Blind. Mix their loud overwhelming sound with female vocals and that is a little of what Sunshine Blind sounds like. There are some slow tracks with atmospheric industrial-goth styled buildups which are not really my style. Most of the goth I listen to has jangly guitar bits and really powerful hooks so this is a little out of the ordinary for me. It has a real industrial touch to most of the songs but still has enough of a Siouxsie & The Banshees influence for me to really dig it.

"This Longing" in particular is a really good track that does not really have that industrial sound through most of it. The bass sounds less tinny/robotic and the guitar especially gives some life to the track. This album also contains an awesome cover of "I Ran" by the Flock of Seagulls.

In the end if I were to describe this track to someone quickly it would just be Depeche Mode mixed with Siouxsie & the Banshees. How can you not dig that?

Myspace
Download

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input