The Exploding Boy

9.19.2010


Gloomy rainy day? Absolutely. Does this call for more goth? Absolutely.

This group is not one I can really make any comparison to another group to give you an idea of what they sound like. Some tracks are reminiscent of Joy Division, others are more electronic and power poppy like Flock of Seagulls or New Order. I think it's a safe bet to say that if you like New Order this will not be too far out of touch for you. And I figure I managed to jock it last post let's do it again--If you liked A Place To Bury Strangers you're almost guaranteed to like The Exploding Boy. The final "if you like..... you'll like..." point I'll make is if you like the Bloc Party this should be one hundred percent down your alley. Bloc Party are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine but would be the "new new wave" to me, while "Afterglow" feels straight out of that era rather than an album that came out just last year.

These are good chill-out jams with a few dance tracks mixed throughout if you're in that mood.

Myspace
Download

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input